Because HCOSP equips participants with required knowledge, competencies and tools to manage comprehensive occupational health and environmental safety programs within a healthcare setting.
What is HCOSP?
HCOSP is an eight-month certification course consisting of classroom and practicum training.
This certification course offers healthcare providers about 407 credit hours.
What will you gain?
Join leaders in occupational safety to:
- Use terminology common to occupational healthcare safety.
- Create procedures and processes that achieve optimal control or reduction of hazards and exposure that may harm people, property, or the environment.
- Discuss issues related to occupational safety, health, and environmental impairment.
- Develop an effective occupational health and environmental safety program.
What topics will the course cover?
Module 1: Management of health and safety
- Introduction to occupational healthcare safety.
- Occupational healthcare safety programs.
- Risk management.
- Emergency and disaster preparedness.
Module II: Occupational health and safety competencies
- Laws and regulations.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Noise and radiation.
- Fire safety.
- Safety equipment.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Ergonomics and musculoskeletal disorders.
Module III: Quality management
- Introduction to quality.
- Institutionalization of quality.
- Reporting quality data.
- Quality measurement.
- Quality improvement.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Biomedical engineers.
- Engineering and maintenance staff.
- Quality improvement professionals.
- Fire and security staff.
- Environmental safety officers.
- Allied health professionals.