Because HCEN helps nurses to develop their skills, knowledge and abilities to improve executive level performance. This course will hone your competencies and skills in communication and relationship management, knowledge of the health care environment, leadership, professionalism, business skills and principles.
What is HCEN?
HCEN is an eight-month certification course consisting of classroom and practicum training.
This certification course offers healthcare providers about 400 credit hours.
What will you gain?
Join leaders in nursing to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Build collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the health care environment.
- Apply the theory and practice of leadership to improve overall hospital performance.
- Manage costs effectively, efficiently and at the highest quality within the limits of resources available.
- Use technology to support the improvement of clinical and financial performance.
What topics will the course cover?
The course includes the following modules:
- Communication and relationship building.
- Knowledge of the health care environment.
- Business skills.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for:
- Mid-level administrative or higher position (e.g. nursing manager, supervisor, director and assistant director).
- Faculty position, teaching graduate students nursing administration.
- Nursing management or executive full-time consultation position, for at least 24 months (or the equivalent) in the last 5 years.